This Policy may be subject to change, as required to keep current with rules and regulations, as well as new technologies and standards. Any changes will be posted on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice. Should you have any questions, comments or concerns please contact us.
Application and Scope
Definition of Personal Information
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information directly from you or automatically through your use of our websites. Company generally uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to create, establish and administer your account and to respond to your inquiries;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- to understand and assess the interests, wants and changing needs of users with a view to improving our websites, our products and services and developing new ones;
- to verify your relationship with us;
- to take other actions that may be necessary to respond to your request or fulfill the terms of a contract we have with you;
- to conduct market research and data analytics (when possible, we will use your information in an aggregated and/or de-identified format).
More specifically, Company collects and uses personal information from or about our websites visitors and users as follows:
- Information You Provide: In many cases, we collect personal information directly from you when you visit or use our websites. For instance, we may collect the following types of information:
- Inquiries. We may collect your name, contact information, email address and any information you provide us when you make an inquiry, apply to a job at Company or otherwise contact us through our websites. We will only use this information to provide you with the information requested or to contact you in order to answer your questions and/or requests. If you have applied for employment with Company, the personal information submitted with your job application will be used for recruitment and other customary human resources purposes. For example, we may send you information about new job opportunities within Company as well as other career development resources.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We automatically collect technical information about how you interact with our websites, with the goal of improving the content and services offered on our websites, including: (i) the domain and host from which you access the Internet; (ii) the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our websites, if applicable; (iii) the date and time you arrived at our websites and how long you spent on our websites and which pages you visited; (iv) your Internet protocol (IP) address; and (v) your computer’s operating system and browser software. We treat this information as personal information when it is associated with your account or contact information.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics which allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. You may opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Service providers. We may hire service providers to perform services on our behalf. We provide them with a limited amount of information which is necessary in order for them to provide the services required. They are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services they have been engaged to provide or to disclose this information to others. Any service provider to whom we provide personal information is required to keep your information confidential and secure, under written agreements.
- As permitted or required by law. From time to time, Company may be compelled to disclose personal information to third parties, including domestic and international governments or regulators, in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant, government investigation or other legally valid request or enquiry. We may also disclose information to our accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful or to law enforcement, or where required or permitted by law. We may release certain personal information when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves, in accordance with or as authorized by law.
- Business transaction. We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information.
- Aggregated Information. Company may share aggregated or de-identified information about use of our sites for any lawful purpose, but such information will not identify you or any other individual personally.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information may be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting us here; however, without such consent, Company may limit the services or products it is able to provide.
You may also withdraw your consent to receiving commercial electronic communications. If you decide you no longer wish to receive commercial e-mail communications from us, you may opt out at any time by contacting us here. Please note that even if you opt-out of commercial communications, we may still need to contact you with important information about your account.
Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected and for which consent was received, unless otherwise required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous. Company has developed and implemented detailed retention principles, and will ensure destruction of personal information in a method that prevents improper access.
Access and Correction
Company respects your right to access and correct your personal information. Additionally, Company complies with all laws regarding access and correction. You may always contact us to remove or update personal information from our database by contacting us.
Company maintains the information collected in an electronic database. Company or its agents may exchange such information with each other or with you over the Internet or intranet systems for the purposes of carrying out the services described in this Policy.
Company takes reasonable precautions to keep all personal information about websites visitors secure against unauthorized access and use. Please be aware, however, that there is always some risk involved when submitting data over the Internet.
Personal Information Outside of Canada
Your personal information may in some cases be transferred to jurisdictions outside Canada. As a result, you understand that your personal information will be subject to the laws of other jurisdictions than Canada and may be available to foreign government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable in such jurisdictions. Regardless of the company or person who processes your information and where it is processed, we will take steps to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and this Policy.
Third-Party Web Sites
As a convenience to our websites visitors, our websites may contain links to third-party websites. Third-party websites are not covered by this Policy and Company will have no control over the information you enter or the cookies your browser accepts while on third parties’ sites. You should examine the terms of service and privacy policies of other web pages whenever you leave a Company website. Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content included on third-party websites.
Our websites are intended for use by Canadian adults only. Users under the age of legal majority in their province of residence should not submit information to our websites, and we do not collect, receive or knowingly keep information from any user we know or have reason to believe is under the age of legal majority in their province of residence, unless the information is provided by a parent or guardian. If a child has provided us with personal information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us if they want this information deleted from our files.
Contacting Us About Your Online Privacy
If you have any questions or comments about the way your personal information collected via our web site is used and handled, please contact us at here.